Alternatives Data Operations Analyst (Pune)
Who We Are
Addepar’s purpose is to maximize the positive impact of the world’s capital. More than 850 of the world’s leading financial services firms trust Addepar to unlock the power and possibility of informed, data-driven investing and advice. These family offices, wealth managers, banks and institutions use Addepar’s tech and data platform to deliver exceptional value to their clients in a modern, scalable and secure way.
Our clients use Addepar to manage and advise on more than $4 trillion in assets. Our board and investors are some of the best in the business: D1 Capital, WestCap, 8VC and Valor Equity Partners have led our last few rounds.
We’re now expanding Addepar’s business around the globe, with clients in more than 30 countries. We’re constantly doubling down on tech- and data-fueled innovation, and our product and platform roadmap is more ambitious today than ever. We place our clients at the center of everything we do, and see a virtually unlimited set of opportunities to expand our client footprint and deepen the value we can unlock by building together.
Addepar is a Forbes Fintech 50 company and an honored member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar embraces a global flexible workforce model with offices in Silicon Valley, New York City, Salt Lake City, Chicago, London, England, Edinburgh, Scotland and Pune, India.
Addepar has just launched an Alternatives Product offering that gives Addepar clients the option to have their Private Funds data extracted, processed, validated, and ingested directly from Private Fund documents for a more automated end-to-end solution for handling Alternatives on the platform. This white-glove solution combines proprietary machine learning technology that automatically extracts data from Private Funds documents and human-in-loop review to validate any documents that fail to pass confidence and data quality checks.
As part of the broader Addepar Data organization, the Alternatives Data Ops team is responsible for the human-in-loop review of Private Funds documents, ensuring clients’ Alternatives data is processed, validated, and available in Addepar in a timely manner. This role will include reviewing Private Fund statements, modifying data that has been incorrectly extracted by our machine learning models, and reprocessing the data within SLAs. The Alternatives Data Ops team plays a critical role in the success of Addepar’s Alternatives offering and requires daily communications with the Alternatives Product Team, Machine Learning Operations, clients, data providers (GPs and Fund Admins), and additional personnel across the organization.
What You’ll Do
- Manage Alternatives Data processing for Addepar clients, which includes but is not limited to:
- Troubleshooting Private Fund statements (Capital Call Notices, Distribution Notices, and Capital Account Statements) processing exceptions captured by automated validation checks
- Modifying document data that has been incorrectly extracted by our machine learning models to reflect the correct Private Fund transactions and valuations information contained in the Private Fund Statements
- Partnering with our Machine Learning Operations team to identify and relabel documents for model retraining
- Engaging clients, GPs, or Fund Admins on statement data related inquiries
- Onboard new clients to determine and establish the ownership structure of clients’ Private Fund positions within Addepar.
- Help maintain Alternatives Data Operations workflow procedures and play-books.
- Partner with Product and Engineering to implement new processes and tooling features that improve Alternatives Data processing UX and increase operational workflow efficiency.
Who You Are
- 2+ years of work experience in the financial investment/advisory industry with strong knowledge of capital markets, middle/back-office operations systems, and preferably with experience dealing with Alternatives (Private/Draw-down) Funds reporting statements and data.
- Track record of demonstrating excellent attention to detail, effective problem-solving skills, and an ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills for engaging clients, data providers, and internal stakeholders across Sales, Services, and R&D.
- Highly self-motivated to take on responsibility, forward thinking and pragmatic, and possess a collaborative team-player mentality.
- Technical skills preferred in any or all of the following: Microsoft Excel, Google Suite, Atlassian Jira/Confluence, SQL, Salesforce, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, or other common financial services systems and applications.
- Willing to work flexible hours.
- Act Like an Owner - Think and operate with intention, purpose and care. Own outcomes.
- Build Together - Collaborate to unlock the best solutions. Deliver lasting value.
- Champion Our Clients - Exceed client expectations. Our clients’ success is our success.
- Drive Innovation - Be bold and unconstrained in problem solving. Transform the industry.
- Embrace Learning - Engage our community to broaden our perspective. Bring a growth mindset.
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.