Sr. Manager, Portfolio Data Engineering
Who We Are
Addepar’s purpose is to maximize the positive impact of the world’s capital. More than 850 of the world’s leading financial services firms trust Addepar to unlock the power and possibility of informed, data-driven investing and advice. These family offices, wealth managers, banks and institutions use Addepar’s tech and data platform to deliver exceptional value to their clients in a modern, scalable and secure way.
Our clients use Addepar to manage and advise on more than $4 trillion in assets. Our board and investors are some of the best in the business: D1 Capital, WestCap, 8VC and Valor Equity Partners have led our last few rounds.
We’re now expanding Addepar’s business around the globe, with clients in more than 30 countries. We’re constantly doubling down on tech- and data-fueled innovation, and our product and platform roadmap is more ambitious today than ever. We place our clients at the center of everything we do, and see a virtually unlimited set of opportunities to expand our client footprint and deepen the value we can unlock by building together.
Addepar is a Forbes Fintech 50 company and an honored member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar embraces a global flexible workforce model with offices in Silicon Valley, New York City, Salt Lake City, Chicago, London, England, Edinburgh, Scotland and Pune, India.
*Marketplace and brokerage services provided by Acervus Securities, Inc., an SEC registered broker‑dealer and member FINRA / SIPC.
We’re looking for an experienced, diligent Data Engineering manager who will build an inclusive team culture, empower data engineers to succeed and cultivate an environment that creates high quality engineering processes and product delivery. You are passionate about technology and its applications to data processing, and can amplify your technical knowledge through your team members.
Your team will be responsible for building new data integrations (primarily via 3rd party data feeds) and enhancing existing integration processes.
You will be expected to collaborate with other data related teams in order to influence our overall direction such that we continually improve the velocity and quality of data integrations going forwards.
The engineering team primarily works in Java, Python (PySpark on Databricks) and SQL. We use Agile methodologies to deliver impactful business outcomes.
What You’ll Do
- Hiring, coaching and mentoring a team of data engineers
- Driving delivery of data oriented software solutions, primarily creating and enhancing data feed integrations
- Applying you data-domain expertise to guide complex data modeling implementations
- Driving improvements to engineering processes
- Collaborating across functional teams within the Portfolio Data Integration space including product owners, analysts and other Data Engineering and Software Engineering leads, to continually refine and improve our data processes
- Applying your technical and data-domain knowledge to help other data engineers develop simple, pragmatic solutions to sophisticated problems
Who You Are
- 9+ years experience as a professional software or data engineer with at least 4+ years leading successful teams
- Demonstrated ability building scalable ETL / ELT processes to integrate data from disparate source systems into data lakes/data warehouses
- Proven track record of collaborating with and mentoring other engineers
- Exposure to industry practices and data in financial services
- Strong development experience in SQL, Python and / or Java
- PySpark knowledge or experience with Databricks is a huge plus
- A hands-on technical approach and a desire to bring to bear your technical expertise via your team
- Ability to drive delivery within goal-setting frameworks such as OKRs
- Excitement about building something foundational for the financial services industry is a must
- Act Like an Owner - Think and operate with intention, purpose and care. Own outcomes.
- Build Together - Collaborate to unlock the best solutions. Deliver lasting value.
- Champion Our Clients - Exceed client expectations. Our clients’ success is our success.
- Drive Innovation - Be bold and unconstrained in problem solving. Transform the industry.
- Embrace Learning - Engage our community to broaden our perspective. Bring a growth mindset.
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Something looks off?