Who We Are
Addepar’s purpose is to maximize the positive impact of the world’s capital. More than 850 of the world’s leading financial services firms trust Addepar to unlock the power and possibility of informed, data-driven investing and advice. These family offices, wealth managers, banks and institutions use Addepar’s tech and data platform to deliver exceptional value to their clients in a modern, scalable and secure way.
Our clients use Addepar to manage and advise on more than $4 trillion in assets. Our board and investors are some of the best in the business: D1 Capital, WestCap, 8VC and Valor Equity Partners have led our last few rounds.
We’re now expanding Addepar’s business around the globe, with clients in more than 30 countries. We’re constantly doubling down on tech- and data-fueled innovation, and our product and platform roadmap is more ambitious today than ever. We place our clients at the center of everything we do, and see a virtually unlimited set of opportunities to expand our client footprint and deepen the value we can unlock by building together.
Addepar is a Forbes Fintech 50 company and an honored member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar embraces a global flexible workforce model with offices in Silicon Valley, New York City, Salt Lake City, Chicago, London, England, Edinburgh, Scotland and Pune, India.
*Marketplace and brokerage services provided by Acervus Securities, Inc., an SEC registered broker‑dealer and member FINRA / SIPC.
The Payroll Specialist will support Addepar's global payroll efforts, including processing Addepar's monthly payroll every pay period, maintaining the payroll processing system and records by gathering, calculating, verifying, and inputting data, and balancing payroll for accuracy. This Payroll Administrator will also answer staff questions about wages, deductions, and other items listed on the pay slips, and prepare ad hoc reports as necessary.
What You’ll Do
- Hold responsibility for the entire payroll process
- Gather data from HR/Workday system and input into PayFit payroll system
- Enter new hires in PayFit system
- Update PayFit for leavers, including PILO, severance
- Enter Forma expense reimbursements in PayFit
- Reconcile data captured with reporting from PayFit
- Ensure that benefits are entered and taxed appropriately
- Supervise parental leave and update in payroll
- Ensure compliance with all UK payroll and pension regulations
- Update pension information in PayFit and at the pension administrator, Royal London
- Prepare monthly journal entry and other payroll journal entries as required
- Calculate P11Ds when required
- Maintain relationships with external providers
- Assist in ensuring on time payments to HMRC and Royal London
- Assist in gathering information for the annual audit and corporate annual taxes
Who You Are
- 3 - 5 years of payroll work experience (CIPP Certification preferred but not required)
- Knowledgeable on practices up to, and including, taxable benefits reporting
- Desire to “own” the payroll process and streamline processes and controls as we grow
- Excellent computer skills (Mac preferred), including sophisticated Excel knowledge
- Basic accounting knowledge (including tax withholding and payroll processing procedures in the UK)
- Accurate data entry skills with outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to connect with employees regarding their issues and concerns
- Able to liaison with payroll service provider regarding any problems or issues with the payroll
- Confidentiality and respect for the privacy of employee records
- Act Like an Owner - Think and operate with intention, purpose and care. Own outcomes.
- Build Together - Collaborate to unlock the best solutions. Deliver lasting value.
- Champion Our Clients - Exceed client expectations. Our clients’ success is our success.
- Drive Innovation - Be bold and unconstrained in problem solving. Transform the industry.
- Embrace Learning - Engage our community to broaden our perspective. Bring a growth mindset.
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Something looks off?