Sr. Backend Software Engineer - Precompute Platform (Edinburgh)
Who We Are
Addepar’s purpose is to maximize the positive impact of the world’s capital. More than 850 of the world’s leading financial services firms trust Addepar to unlock the power and possibility of informed, data-driven investing and advice. These family offices, wealth managers, banks and institutions use Addepar’s tech and data platform to deliver exceptional value to their clients in a modern, scalable and secure way.
Our clients use Addepar to manage and advise on more than $4 trillion in assets. Our board and investors are some of the best in the business: D1 Capital, WestCap, 8VC and Valor Equity Partners have led our last few rounds.
We’re now expanding Addepar’s business around the globe, with clients in more than 30 countries. We’re constantly doubling down on tech- and data-fueled innovation, and our product and platform roadmap is more ambitious today than ever. We place our clients at the center of everything we do, and see a virtually unlimited set of opportunities to expand our client footprint and deepen the value we can unlock by building together.
Addepar is a Forbes Fintech 50 company and an honored member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar embraces a global flexible workforce model with offices in Silicon Valley, New York City, Salt Lake City, Chicago, London, England, Edinburgh, Scotland and Pune, India.
*Marketplace and brokerage services provided by Acervus Securities, Inc., an SEC registered broker‑dealer and member FINRA / SIPC.
Team Precompute is seeking senior backend software engineers to join our team. We are focused on producing an extensive data lake of all things Addepar from terabytes of raw data – all within minutes. This means taking some of the most complicated financial reporting metrics and applying techniques of high performance computing such as vectorized programming and distributed systems. In this role, you will have the opportunity to use the newest technology stacks to build the next generation of Addepar.
What You’ll Do
- Architect, implement, and maintain engineering solutions to solve sophisticated problems; write well-designed, testable code.
- Manage individual project priorities and deadlines.
- Collaborate effectively with product managers, engineers and stakeholders on projects.
- Communicate technical ideas and set direction on projects with a focus on solving business challenges.
- Mentor other engineers on the team.
- Document software functionality, system design, and project plans; this includes clean, readable code with comments.
Who You Are
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or similar technical field (or equivalent practical experience).
- 6+ years experience as a professional software engineer, primarily in Python.
- Experience in building and evolving large-scale, high-performing distributed systems.
- Strong AWS knowledge and architectural experience.
- Experience with NumPy, Dask, or Spark (at least one year) is a plus
- Act Like an Owner - Think and operate with intention, purpose and care. Own outcomes.
- Build Together - Collaborate to unlock the best solutions. Deliver lasting value.
- Champion Our Clients - Exceed client expectations. Our clients’ success is our success.
- Drive Innovation - Be bold and unconstrained in problem solving. Transform the industry.
- Embrace Learning - Engage our community to broaden our perspective. Bring a growth mindset.
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Something looks off?